Stress Resilience Program
This 5-week yoga program offers simple and supportive practices for those experiencing the effects of chronic stress, anxiety and related illnesses.
You will learn self-care practices from the ancient art & science of yoga that will help you reduce the negative effects of stress, help you to bounce back from stressful situations, and build your resilience to stress.
Walk away with personalised tools you can use on a daily basis to find and maintain steady ground.
About the Program
Informed by modern science and research findings, while remaining rooted in traditional yoga, the therapeutic nature of this program makes it suitable for any level of experience including absolute beginners.
Participants will receive guidance, encouragement, and support in integrating these practices into their lives.
This program will benefit anyone:
- experiencing stress due to work, life events etc.
- with a stress-related illness such as hypertension, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, insomnia etc.
- seeking tools with which to boost their stress response and ability to bounce back from stressful events.
- who is ready to take positive steps to enhance their well-being.
Each class is 90 minutes long and will include discussion, practice and a time for question and answers.
The practice portion of the class will include:
- Gentle, breath-focused & mindful yoga movements (asana), to help release long-held tension.
- Supported restorative yoga poses that facilitate deep rest & relaxation.
- Safe and effective breathing techniques that activate the parasympathetic nervous system, balance the stress response system and regulate the mind and emotions.
- Mindfulness and simple meditation to calm and steady the mind.
To provide a framework for continued self-regulation, all participants will be given short, simple practices & tools for home use.
This is an inclusive course and all bodies and levels of experience are welcome, including absolute beginners. To create a personal and individualised experience, this workshop will be limited to 5 participants.
Mondays 7.00pm – 8.30pm
14th October – 11th November inclusive
6 Prime Road, Grey Lynn
Numbers are limited in this program to ensure each person’s needs are addressed.
m: 021 170 2640
“I can with confidence say that attending your course has been life changing for me. Its not that my life is stress free, it is that I have better tools to deal with the inevitable stresses. I would heartily recommend your course to anyone who is feeling overwhelmed by their situation. I wish GPs would prescribe Yoga for Stress Management and Resilience as a first port of call as engaging fully in this course has been so powerful.” ~ Ilana Howley-Buddell
Barbara is a certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and Yoga Australia. She works one-to-one with students wishing to improve their physical & emotional health and also teaches therapy classes for small groups facing similar health challenges, presents workshops and Professional Development programs in the area of yoga therapeutics.
Barbara’s interest is in helping people to achieve their personal goals around health and well-being, using the many tools of yoga.