Gentle Yoga to Restore Energy and Balance
This 6-week Yoga Therapy Program is designed specifically for people who are experiencing the effects of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and persistent pain. It will also be very useful for those suffering burnout, chronic stress etc.
About the Program
For many people experiencing the effects of CFS and chronic pain, the thought of a general yoga class, even a beginners class, can be overwhelming. Many community yoga classes are just too intense and feeling that you are unable to keep up with the rest of the class can leave you feeling frustrated rather than relaxed and calm.
Gentle Yoga allows you to practice at your own level, gradually building strength, flexibility and body awareness. It enables you to develop a more positive relationship with your body and yourself, through gentle movement, breathing and relaxation techniques. This will help to calm and sooth your nervous system and also help build resilience for the future.
Informed by modern science and understanding while remaining rooted in traditional yoga, the course will be beneficial for anyone:
- experiencing the effects of chronic fatigue, burnout, chronic pain, etc.
- seeking a gentle practice to help restore energy & balance, while developing resilience to future stressors.
- ready and willing to take positive steps to enhance their well-being.
Beginners, as well as those with previous yoga experience, will benefit from:
- Practising gentle, breath-focused & mindful yoga movements (asanas), followed by a period of deep rest.
- Learning safe and effective breathing techniques that will sooth the nervous system and regulate the mind and emotions.
- Learning simple meditation techniques
- Receiving guidance, encouragement, and support in integrating these practices into your daily life.
Each class is 90 minutes long and will include discussion, practice and a time for question and answers.
To reinforce the learning and provide a framework for
Barbara limits the number of participants in each program to 5 to ensure that each person receives individual care and modifications wherever necessary or appropriate.
Please note: to attend these classes you do not need to have any yoga experience or fit any stereotypical idea of what a yoga practitioner looks like. Barbara’s classes are inclusive and all are welcome.
Mondays 6.00pm – 7.30pm
8th October to 12th November inclusive
6 Prime Road, Grey Lynn
Numbers are limited in this program to ensure each person’s needs are addressed.
m: 021 170 2640
Barbara is a certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and Yoga Australia. Barbara works one-to-one with students wishing to improve their physical & emotional health and also teaches yoga therapy classes for small groups facing similar health challenges. Barbara presents workshops and Professional Development programs in the area of yoga therapeutics.
Barbara’s interest is in helping people to achieve their personal goals around health and well-being, using the many tools of yoga.