Program Fees, Certification & Assessment Information
This program is open to anyone wishing to deepen their knowledge in yoga. Although there are no formal prerequisites to attending, due to the depth of material and personal commitment required, it is suggested that you have had an ongoing practice for at least one year and are certain in your desire to attend such a program.
It is also recommended that, wherever possible, you attend a number of Barbara’s classes to ensure that you have an affinity with the approach of Svastha Yoga New Zealand and Barbara’s teaching.
Assessment & Completion
Participants are required to attend at least 90% of training sessions to successfully graduate from this program.
Certification and Continuing Education
This program fulfills the Yoga Alliance’s 200-hour certification requirements as well as the continuing education requirement for established teachers.
On successful graduation, participants are eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level.
Once registered they may publish a public profile on the Yoga Alliance website and will be provided with a RYS200 registry mark for use on advertising material, business cards etc.
Costs involved with registration with the Yoga Alliance are at the graduate’s own expense.
- Yoga Therapy: A Therapeutic Guide to Yoga and Ayurveda for Health and Fitness. A.G. Mohan, Indra
Mohan, Dr.Ganesh Mohan, Nitya Mohan. – please read prior to the program start date
- Yoga Reminder – A.G. Mohan and Dr Ganesh Mohan – please read prior to the program start date
- Krishnamacharya: His Life and Teachings – A.G. Mohan and Dr Ganesh Mohan
- Yoga Life: A Workbook of Authentic Practices – Caroline McCarter
Further recommendations will be given throughout the program, however, are not essential.
nb: the cost of texts is not included in the course fee
Course Fee – $3,800
Earlybird – $3,500 (available until 31st December 2019)
Group training intensives
Training Manual and additional handouts
Required texts as above
Attendance at Barbara’s studio classes if applicable
St John First Aid Certificate – Level 1 ($169 at the date of publishing)
$500 deposit is payable on registration. This reserves your place in the program and is your commitment to attend therefore is non-refundable.
Balance – $3,300 payable by 31st January 2020
Earlybird Balance – $3,000 payable on or before 31st December 2019
- Full refund (less non-refundable deposit) for withdrawal prior to 31st December 2019.
- 50% refund (less non-refundable deposit) for withdrawal after 31st December 2019 and before 31st January 2020.
- No refunds after 31st January 2020.
- No refunds after commencement of the program.
Registrations for 2020 are now open