Yoga for Svastha: 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training & Personal Wellbeing Program
March – November 2019
Participants will receive a practical and theoretical understanding of yoga – yoga psychology, asana, yoga physiology (mudras, bandhas etc) pranayama, meditation, functional anatomy, teaching principles and the therapeutic application of yoga.
This program is for the dedicated student ready to take their practice to a deeper level. It offers a solid foundation in traditional yoga, inspired by the teachings of Krishnamacharya, combined with science and modern understanding.
On successful completion of this course, participants will have:
- an understanding and appreciation of the principles of the science and art of yoga and an introduction to Ayurvedic principles
- developed a comprehensive knowledge of the theory of asanas, pranayama, and meditation
- gained skill and confidence in the practice of asanas, pranayama, and meditation
- understood the principles necessary to teach yoga in a safe and effective manner
- acquired the tools to enact positive changes in their own lives and provide the same guidance to others
- the opportunity to be a part of an international community of people who are similarly committed to a path of personal growth and transformation
Registrations for 2019 are now open
I had practised yoga for many years, but this course and mentoring from Barbara not only gave me a deeper understanding of yoga and took my practice to the next level, but I also saw a huge shift in my personal life. Barbara has a wealth of knowledge and is an excellent teacher, who is remaining true to the original yoga teachings.”
"we were given a thorough grounding in the ancient origins and philosophy of yoga" ~ Shannon Silcock
Barbara is passionate about maintaining the fine integrity of Svastha yoga through her classes and her unique style of teaching. We all benefited from this opportunity to work practically and theoretically within a small supportive group in a beautiful studio, and graduated with the skills to structure and teach our own beginning classes, on a solid foundation of knowledge.
Much was shared, and much laughter was had! Highly recommended.”
I can now say, I have received all of this plus an introduction to the origin of yoga, learnt about the relevant sutras and most importantly for me, I have had an affirmation about being on a yoga path, wishing to learn far more in the future and continue to strive to make all that I have learnt, and all that I have yet to learn, part of my daily life.”
I did not undertake the teacher training with any intention to teach. I simply wanted to deepen my own progress and knowledge of yoga. I would recommend anyone wishing to do this to consider Svastha Yoga’s teacher training course, as it is a very effective way to do so.”
Not only has it given me the opportunity to share with others some of the wonderful knowledge and skills I have learned; it has also given me the tools to create a transformation, both in my own practice and also, on a deeper level, the many other facets of my daily life.”