move well | breathe well | live well
200hr Svastha Yoga Teacher Training & Personal Wellbeing Program
Registrations are now open for the next intake of our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training in Auckland commencing 16th March 2024.
The Svastha 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training & Personal Well-being program provides valuable insights into the yoga tradition while incorporating modern movement methodologies and science. This approach ensures that your teaching remains grounded in, and respectful of ancient wisdom, while remaining relevant to modern life.
Based on the teachings of the father of modern yoga, Sri T. Krishnamacharya, this program offers profound insight into the practice of asana, pranayama, meditation & mindfulness.
With a maximum of 12 participants in a supportive environment, attendees will gain the knowledge and skills to teach with sensitivity to students of all ages, abilities, and lifestyles. Personal attention and mentorship throughout the training provide an opportunity for deep exploration into the essence of yoga and the chance to have all of your questions answered without getting lost in a crowd.
“From the beginning, Barbara has helped me feel confident and capable in my ability to become a yoga teacher” – Kendall
The Svastha 200 hour yoga teacher training takes place over nine months and includes:
- 9 x weekend intensives over 9 months (Saturday & Sunday)
Personal mentoring sessions
Directed home study (approx 2 hours per week)
The program is designed to be manageable to complete around other commitments and is a worthwhile financial and time investment. Over the course you will study:
- Practice & theory of asana, prānāyāma, meditation & yogic mindfulness.
- An exploration of functional anatomy & functional movement skills as they apply to yoga postures (āsana)
- Yoga as a holistic practice for the well-being of body & mind.
- Yoga psychology based on the Yogasūtra-s of Patañjali: applying the ancient wisdom of yoga to modern living.
- Breath physiology, developing skills for healthy breathing
- Nervous system function & balance
- Skills in teaching group classes & one-to-one sessions safely, effectively, accessibly & inclusively.
- Mental health awareness
- Yoga and women’s health.
- Yoga of speech: words, intention, instruction
- An introduction to the ancient science of Ayurveda.
“The course was life-changing for me. I had practised yoga for many years, but this course and mentoring from Barbara not only gave me a deeper understanding of yoga and took my practice to the next level, but I also saw a huge shift in my personal life.” ~ Louise
Barbara Coley is an experienced registered yoga teacher and certified yoga therapist, with over 30 years of dedicated practice. Her mission is to educate yoga practitioners in the art and science of sound yoga practices, helping them on a path to personal well-being and lifelong practice.
This 200 hour yoga teacher training program is open to anyone wishing to deepen their knowledge in yoga and there are no formal prerequisites to enrolling. However, due to the commitment involved, we suggest you have been practising yoga in some form for at least 12 months, and are certain of your desire to undertake the studies.
Graduates of our 200-hour yoga teacher training program have an ideal foundation for continuing studies in the field of Yoga Therapy with the Svastha Yoga Therapy Program.
“Barbara creates a learning environment founded on inclusivity and respect, allowing me to feel safe & comfortable in her classes. This course has been life-changing & has built my confidence in understanding & teaching yoga ” ~ Maddi
Barbara is happy to discuss how the course might work for you and meet your needs, get in touch here.
Registrations are now open for our March 2024 intake.
This Yoga Teacher Training Programme is for you if:
- You would like to understand yoga as a holistic practice to facilitate well-being rather than just learning to put your body into fancy shapes.
- You want to learn how to teach yoga inclusively to a wide range of people.
- You would like to understand the tradition of yoga and the profound philosophical and psychological theory that underpins the practice.
- You want to deepen your knowledge of yoga in order to live your life with more ease and clarity.
- You have an interest in yoga as a therapeutic practice and are looking for a solid platform from which to continue studies in Yoga Therapy.
2024 Training Dates
1) 9 x Weekend Intensives: Saturday – Sunday 8.00am – 5.00pm daily
- 16th & 17th March 2024
- 27th & 28th April 2024
- 18th & 19th May 2024
- 15th & 16th June 2024
- 20th & 21st July 2024
- 17th & 18th August 2024
- 21st & 22nd September 2024
- 12th & 13th October 2024
- 16th & 17th November 2024
2) One-to-One mentoring
- 2 sessions throughout the program at mutually convenient timing.
3) Directed Home Study and Assignments
- approx 2 hours per week
Dunottar Hall [Garnet Hall]
175 Garnet Road
- Full refund of monies paid, less non refundable deposit, for withdrawal one month prior to the course start date
- 25% refund of monies paid, less non-refundable deposit, for withdrawal less than one month prior to the commencement of the program
- No refunds after the program commencement
Registrations are now open
I am grateful that I was privileged enough to have Barbara as my teacher for my 200-hour Yoga teacher training. Barbara creates a learning environment founded on inclusivity and respect, allowing me to feel safe and comfortable in her classes. This opportunity has been truly life-changing and has built my confidence in understanding and teaching Yoga.
Barbara has been practising yoga since 1992 and teaching since 2007. She has deepened her understanding of yoga, and continues to do so, through extensive studies with A.G. Mohan and Indra Mohan of Svastha Yoga Ayurveda. She has also studied online with a number of renowned international teachers specialising in various fields including Vina Shah, Jean Campbell, Jivana Heyman, Amber Karnes, Tom Myers, Marlysa Sullivan, Amy Wheeler, Dianne Bondy, Tiffany Cruickshank, and more.
Barbara has studied Yoga Therapy intensively [since 2010] with Dr Ganesh Mohan, the Mohans son, and has been a practicing Certified Yoga Therapist since 2016. She has Yoga Therapy certification with the International Association of Yoga Therapists and Yoga New Zealand.
In her role as an educator, Barbara promotes ‘mental health awareness’ as a fundamental skill necessary for all yoga teachers in order to serve their communities well. She encourages teachers & trainee teachers to question dogmatic approaches to teaching methods and alignment cues and facilitates an investigation of mindful teaching, functional anatomy & functional movement skills.
Barbara believes that yoga should be inclusive and accessible to all and promotes a sense of community in her classes and in her trainings.