Yoga for Endometriosis
This is a 5-week program specifically designed for those suffering from endometriosis, however, will also be of benefit to anyone experiencing tension and pain with menstruation.
Endometriosis affects 1 in 10 people assigned female at birth and approximately 176 million worldwide. For many, endometriosis can cause pain, organ dysfunction due to inflammation, invasion into structures in the body, and in some cases infertility.
The good news is that research is showing that yoga can help. A qualitative study carried out by a group of Brazilian researchers concluded that women practicing a regular gentle hatha yoga practice report significantly less pain, as well as an improved sense of well-being. Download the full report as published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
This program guided by Barbara Coley, a registered Yoga Therapist, is conducted over 5 weekly classes. You will learn simple self-care practices that are able to be seamlessly incorporated into your daily life, assisting with the reduction of symptoms, a calmer nervous system, and improved relationship with your body.
This is a safe space for you to be able to connect with others in a similar situation and receive guidance, support, and encouragement on your journey to improved well-being.
Beginners, as well as those with previous yoga experience, will benefit from:
- Practicing gentle, breath-focused and mindful yoga movements (asanas), followed by a period of deep rest.
- Learning safe and effective breathing techniques that soothe the nervous system, help to relieve pain and regulate the mind and emotions.
- Learning simple meditation techniques.
- Receiving guidance, encouragement, and support in integrating these practices into your daily life.
- A framework for continued reduction of symptoms with short, simple practices and tools for home use.
Please note: to attend these classes you do not need to have any yoga experience or fit any stereotypical idea of what a yoga practitioner looks like. Barbara’s classes are inclusive and all are welcome.
Costs, Timing & Location
Cost: $200 (5 classes)
All classes are held at Barbara’s home studio and are limited to 5 participants to ensure personal attention.
The next program commences Wednesday, August 18th, 2021, 6.15pm – 7.30pm