Yoga and Polyvagal Theory
The Role of the Vagus Nerve in Achieving Nervous System Balance
Live Online (via Zoom) 14th, 21st & 28th February 2021
10.00am – 12.00pm
During this 3 class workshop we will discuss Polyvagal Theory and the role of the vagus nerve in improving the balance and resilience of our nervous system. You will learn yoga techniques that focus on improving vagal tone to calm body and mind, and move you to greater balance and health.
This program will be beneficial for of interest to yoga teachers wishing to support the well- being of their students and anyone wanting to learn yoga techniques to improve personal body-mind well-being.
- Key concepts of Polyvagal Theory esp., as they relate to yoga
- How our mind-body health is affected by improved vagal tone
- Vagal tone and Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- Yoga techniques to naturally support improved vagal tone
- Yoga practices to nourish your nervous system.
Each class will includes theory and practice, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion of specific issues related to the topic.
A Certificate of Completion is provided on completion of the course (6 hours training)
Sunday mornings – 10.00am – 12.00pm
14th, 21st & 28th February 2021
6 hours in total
Live online via Zoom
$109 (includes $10 non refundable admin fee)
Contact Barbara – [email protected]