Workplace Wellness Coaching
Introducing SMEAEP, the Stress Management Exercise Association Endorsed Programme, through Yoga.
Unlike other workplace yoga, these programs are both Tax Deductible and FBT exempt, making them a affordable proposition for self employed persons and businesses committed to improving their own well-being and the well-being of their employees.
The benefits of these programs include deceased stress, enhanced productivity, positive workplace engagement, and improved workplace happiness.
Barbara is a skilled and experienced yoga teacher and yoga therapist, one of her specialties being Yoga for Mental Health. Barbara is certified with the International Association of Yoga Therapists and trains yoga teachers in this area. Her approach is accessible and inclusive.
How do these Programs work?
Barbara’s Workplace Wellness Programs provide participants with self-care practices that help reduce the negative effects of stress, promote recovery from stressful situations, and most importantly, help them to build resilience to future stressors.
Programs are tailored to individual needs and abilities. They are both educational and practical, and include movement, breath work and meditation / mindfulness practices relevant to each person.
Informed by modern science and research findings, while remaining rooted in traditional yoga, the therapeutic nature of these programs makes them suitable for any level of experience including absolute beginners.
1. Participants attend an initial 60-minute, one-to-one, consultation with Barbara which includes:
- Discussion of any current health issues that may affect participation.
- Assessment of current abilities around breathing and movement.
- Personalised lifestyle recommendations around exercise, diet, mindfulness & meditation practice.
2. To provide a framework for continued self-regulation, all participants will be given short, simple practices & tools for home use – this is delivered post the initial consultation.
3. Attendance at weekly yoga sessions conducted at Barbara’s home studio, either via small group classes for a maximum of 5 employees to ensure individual attention, or one-to-one private sessions. Classes may also be conducted at the workplace provided a dedicated space is available.
4. 12-weekly follow up reports are provided detailing attendance and progress to meet SMEAEP and IRD guidelines.
Why do I need to offer this to my Employees?
Under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, employers have an obligation to try to prevent and reduce work related harm amongst their staff. This includes mental or physical ill health due to workplace stress.
More and more research is being conducted in the area of yoga and mental health and the efficacy of yoga practices is now widely accepted as a means to reduce stress. Providing programs such as this to your employees will result in a win/win situation for both employer and employee.
Keen to find out more?
If you have any questions about this program, or would like to meet with Barbara to discuss further, face-to-face or via Zoom, please send a message via the contact form or call 021 170 2640.