move well | breathe well | live well
Teacher Training & Professional Development Programs
Code of Conduct / Terms & Conditions
Undertaking a program such as this requires commitment, trust and accountability from both teacher and student. This fosters an environment that is open, free from discrimination and provides maximum effectiveness and growth. Please read through the following terms and conditions before committing to the course. If you have any questions at all, please contact Barbara who will be happy to assist you.
Svastha Yoga Aotearoa actively includes, welcomes and accommodates all students and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, body type, personal appearance, physical or mental ability, socioeconomic status, marital status or political viewpoint.
Our intention is to always adhere to the guidelines of social behaviour (yamas) as laid out by Bhagavan Patanjali in the Yogasutras of Patanjali:
- Ahimsa (non harmfulness) – to not cause harm via actions, speech or intention.
- Satya (truthfulness) – to speak truthfully with the intention of promoting the welfare of all
- Asteya (non-covetousness) – to refrain from actions directed towards acquiring or claiming what is not rightfully ours.
- Brahmnacharya (ethical sexual conduct) – to maintain the highest professional teacher-student boundaries at all times in action, speech and intention
- Aparigraha (non-acquisitiveness) – to not ask for any more payment, monetary or otherwise, than is laid out in program fee.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Course participants have the right to:
- be treated respectfully, justly and with non-discrimination at all times.
- confidentiality around any personal information shared.
- receive training as outlined in the course curriculum.
- have their unique learning requirements catered
- appeal assessment decisions and apply for reassessment where applicable.
It is the student’s responsibility to:
- maintain confidentiality around any information of a personal nature shared by other students or teachers during the course.
- arrive at sessions in a timely & professional manner, giving as much notice as possible if unable to attend a session or arriving late.
- complete and hand in assignments by due date, including maintaining a record of personal practice in a diary.
- seek clarification from the
Directorof Teaching where any policy or procedure is not fully understood.
- communicate to the Director of Teaching if you feel you are not understanding the material presented, and require additional assistance.
- for registered teacher training programs, students must attend at least 95% of training sessions to be eligible for certification.
- for professional development modules 100% attendance is required for certification
- we reserve the right to refuse certification where we feel the student is not ready for teaching the public, or where we feel that the student has not engaged fully in the course and therefore unable to transmit the knowledge with clarity and authenticity.
Please note: this refund policy does not apply to overseas Teacher Training intensives, please visit the individual training page for details of the refund policy.
Timing & Location
While highly unlikely and only in unavoidable situations, we reserve the right to make changes to training dates & locations.