Svastha Yoga Therapy | Module 6
25th – 29th March 2021
This professional program on yoga therapy brings you the most effective aspects of traditional yoga (based on the teachings of Krishnamacharya) and Ayurveda combined with modern medicine. Designed especially for yoga teachers and advanced practitioners, the program may also be of interest to people from related fields.
Specific guidelines for different conditions and general treatment principles will be detailed, empowering you to safely and effectively address disabilities and ill-health through yoga. The goal is to enable participants to integrate newly acquired knowledge immediately in their teaching, particularly in private sessions.
The program is delivered in 7 intensive modules (5 days for each module) with a flexible structure. Each module may be attended independently and certificates will be issued for each module.
It is possible to start your journey with any module however, it is recommended that you attend Module 1 before Module2, Module 3 before Module 4 and Module 5 before Module 6.
Module 6: Relaxation, Mantra, Positive Psychology, Embodiment, Stress & Anxiety (rajas)
Module 6 is the second of two modules dealing with mental health & yoga psychology
1. Embodiment / Body-Mind connection and its importance for well-being.
- Neuroscience of embodiment and its impact on well-being.
- Yogic insights to the body-mind connection
2. The three gunas (sattva, rajas, tamas) as determinants of mood and behavioural states.
3. Physiology and neurobiology of the stress response
- Autonomic nervous system function and response
- Eustress vs when stress becomes damaging, and effects of chronic stress.
4. Fight, flight, freeze – somatic, cognitive, emotional, behavioural responses
- How to recognise and unwind these states in yoga practices.
5. Yoga skills to deal with the rajasic states (stress and anxiety)
- Body skills: mindful & safe embodiment, slow movement etc
- Breathing skills: slow breathing, exhale focus etc.
- Cognitive frameworks.
6. Mantra meditation
- Yogasutra perspective
- Practical and modern barriers to mantra meditation
- Keys to effctive mantra meditation: skills and questions
7. Trauma and PTSD
- Overview of modern clinic perspective
- Principles of management and evidence base
- Language and class setup for trauma safety
8. Positive emotion practices
9. Role of meaning / connection and isvara pranidhana in psychological transformation.Introduction to devotion related practices.
10. Managing teacher-student, therapist-client relationship. Scope of the practice for yoga teacher/therapist. Networking and support requirements for safety and effectiveness.
11. Perspective of ayurveda and use ayurveda herbs as relevant.
Faculty: Barbara Coley & Kerri-Anne Edge Hill
This module is a part of the original Svastha Yoga Therapy Program developed and directed by Dr. Ganesh Mohan
Earlybird: $747.50 incl GST (payable by 15th January 2021)
Regular: $805.00 incl GST
A deposit of $200 is required on registration in the program. This will reserve your place in the program and is seen as your commitment to attend, therefore, is non-refundable.
175 Garnet Road,