move well | breathe well | live well
About the Program
You will learn self-care practices from the ancient art & science of yoga that will help you reduce the negative effects of stress, help you to bounce back from stressful situations, and most importantly, build your resilience to stress.
Lifestyle advice from Ayurveda complements yoga practices including movement, breath work and meditation.
Informed by modern science and research findings, while remaining rooted in traditional yoga, the therapeutic nature of this program makes it suitable for any level of experience including absolute beginners.
You will walk away with personalised tools to use in day to day life that will help you find and maintain steady ground.
Participants will receive guidance, encouragement, and support in integrating these practices into their lives.
This program will benefit anyone:
- experiencing stress due to work, life events etc.
- with a stress-related illness such as hypertension, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, insomnia etc.
- seeking tools with which to boost their stress response and ability to bounce back from stressful events.
- who is ready to take positive steps to enhance their well-being.
Each class is 90 minutes long and will include discussion, practice and a time for question and answers.
The practice portion of the class will include:
- Gentle, breath-focused & mindful yoga movements (asana), to help release long-held tension.
- Supported restorative yoga poses that facilitate deep rest & relaxation.
- Safe and effective breathing techniques that activate the parasympathetic nervous system, balance the stress response system and regulate the mind and emotions.
- Mindfulness and simple meditation to calm and steady the mind.
To provide a framework for continued self-regulation, all participants will be given short, simple practices & tools for home use.
Dates, Location and Cost
Cost: $150 (5 classes)
Location: 6 Prime Road, Grey Lynn, Auckland
Dates: Please contact Barbara for next intake.
This is an inclusive course and all bodies and levels of experience are welcome, including absolute beginners. To create a personal and individualised experience, this program will be limited to 5 participants.
“I can, with confidence, say that attending your course has been life changing for me. Its not that my life is stress free, it is that I have better tools to deal with the inevitable stresses. I would heartily recommend your course to anyone who is feeling overwhelmed by their situation. I wish GPs would prescribe Yoga for Stress Management and Resilience as a first port of call, as engaging fully in this course has been so powerful.” ~ Ilana Howley-Buddell