move well | breathe well | live well
Women’s Wellness Workshop (live online)
Perimenopause, Menopause & Beyond
3rd December 2023: 10.00am – 2.00pm
This is an educational and practical workshop for anyone interested in gaining insight into the transitional period of perimenopause and menopause.
The aim of the workshop is to educate and deepen your understanding of menopause and, offer guidance to help empower you during this sometimes unsettling time.
We will discuss simple practices from yoga that can provide support via the use of movement, breathwork and meditation, and explore diet and lifestyle tips that may help with symptoms.
We will also look at potential health concerns that affect women over 40, and discuss how to minimise the risk and maintain good bone, heart and brain health as we age.
In this workshop, you’ll find a welcoming and safe space to gather, share experiences, find humor in the changes, and learn from one another. Practicing yoga in the company of others experiencing similar symptoms creates a supportive environment, reminding us that we are never alone in this transformative journey.
The workshop is suitable for any level of experience including beginners, and will also be of interest to yoga teachers wishing to support their students facing this change.
Included in the Workshop:
- An introduction to the stages of menopause, and how hormone changes affect our body & mind
- Yoga practices designed to meet your energy levels on any given day
- Breathing techniques that soothe excess heat and calm the mind.
- Simple lifestyle recommendations and advice on herbal supplements from Ayurveda.
- Ways to support bone, cardiovascular, metabolic and brain health.
- A safe and supportive environment with others experiencing peri/menopause.
Sunday 3rd December, 10.00am – 2.00 pm
Online via Zoom
Contact Barbara – firstname.lastname@example.org