Women’s Wellness Workshop
Perimenopause, Menopause, & Beyond
Sunday 21st June – 1.00pm – 4.30pm
During the years leading up to, and the time during menopause, it is not uncommon for women to experience hormonal fluctuations that can leave them feeling overwhelmed and out of sorts, both physically and emotionally.
While often not thought of as a time of celebration in the west, traditional cultures consider this an exciting period of transition, welcoming and celebrating the beginning of a period of wisdom and grace.
If we can enter this period with preparation and perspective it is possible to dramatically reduce both physical and emotional symptoms and move forward with strength, vitality and serenity.
During this workshop, we will look at promoting wellbeing throughout perimenopause, menopause and beyond, through the lens of yoga and Ayurveda – both stabilising forces that can help us manage our transition with ease and grace.
You will learn:
- How to approach your yoga practice during this transition period.
- Tools to alleviate common symptoms – hot flushes, fatigue, irritability, headaches, pelvic floor issues etc
- Postures that promote strength & balance – an absolute necessity as we age.
- Breathing exercises to help reduce symptoms and bring calm & clarity to the mind.
- Meditation & mindfulness practices to help ease the transition.
- Simple lifestyle tips from Ayurveda, including herbal support.
This workshop will include both discussion and practice, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion of specific issues related to the topic.
Suitable for absolute beginners and experienced practitioners alike, this workshop will also be useful for yoga teachers wanting to expand their knowledge in the area of women’s health in order to best assist their students
Sunday 21st June 2020: 1.00pm – 4.30pm
The Yoga Ground
56 Surrey Crescent,
$60 (includes $10 non refundable admin fee)
Contact Barbara – [email protected]