move well | breathe well | live well
The Essential Breath
This is a 4 x 2-hour class program that will introduce you to the nuances of pranayama.
Pranayama is one of the eight limbs of yoga in Patanjali’s yogasutras, and is one of the most important practices for bringing the mind to a place of calm clarity.
Pranayama benefits the mind and is becoming more and more known for helping those who suffer from stress and anxiety, however, it also provides many physical health benefits as well.
Over the duration of this workshop, we will discuss and practice different types of pranayama, their health benefits and cautions.
This workshop is held over 2 weekends – 1 2-hour class per day. Each class consists of discussion and guided pranayama practice.
Plenty of time will be made available to answer any questions that may arise
This program will be useful to practitioners and yoga teachers wishing to explore pranayama at a subtle level.
You will learn:
- Pranayama in the ancient yoga texts
- The importance of finding ease in the practice of pranayama
- Finding ease in the practice of pranayama
- Methods of regulating the breath
- Useful methods of pranayama
- The relationship between pranayama and the mind
- The relationship between pranayama and Ayurveda
This workshop is for you :
- You are a yoga practitioner or teacher wishing to develop a deeper, more subtle understanding of pranayama
- You want to improve your focus and mental clarity.
- You want to understand how pranayama can be used with certain health conditions
- You want to reduce the negative effects of stress
- You’d like to develop a pathway to deeper meditation
Saturdays – 2pm – 4pm
20th & 27th November
4th & 11th December
$150 (includes $10 non-refundable admin fee)
Contact Barbara – firstname.lastname@example.org