move well | breathe well | live well
The Essential Breath – Part 1
This is a 4 class workshop for anyone who wants to develop a more positive relationship with their breath and discover how breathing can have a positive impact on our body & mind.
Part 1 of this series is a prerequisite for Part 2 (optional) which delves a little deeper into the practice of Pranayama.
Why Should I learn to Breathe?
Breathing is fundamental to life and to our health. The functioning of every system in our body from cognitive to digestion is enhanced by healthy breathing.
Although breathing is mostly involuntary, it is unique in that we can consciously change the pattern of our breathing and in doing so, we can impact our body & mind in a positive way. Effective breathing not only promotes a greater sense of mental clarity, it can also help you digest food more efficiently, helps you sleep better, reduces stress, enhances mood and more.
For many people, however, conscious breathing can be challenging and even create more stress than it is meant to relieve! This course will help you develop a more positive relationship with your breath and teach you simple techniques so that you too can benefit from the power of breathing well.
You will learn:
- Basic anatomy of breathing
- The relationship between breath and the nervous system
- How breathing effects our health physically and mentally
- An understanding of different patterns of breathing, what is useful & what isn’t
- Step by step practices that will help you breathe comfortably and well.
Each class will include both discussion and practice (postures & breathing), with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion of specific issues related to the topic.
This workshop is for you :
- You sense you are not breathing well and want to know how to change that
- You want to improve your focus and mental clarity.
- You are experiencing pain of any type (from fibromyalgia to back pain) and would like to use breathing for pain relief
- You want to reduce the negative effects of stress
- You have trouble sleeping
- You’d like to develop a pathway to the deeper practices of yoga such as pranayama and meditation
Monday evenings 7.00pm – 8.30pm
3rd May 2021 – 24th May 2021
Maximum intake for this course is 5 participants.
6 Prime Road, Grey Lynn, Auckland 1021
$120 (includes $10 non refundable admin fee)
Contact Barbara – firstname.lastname@example.org